Designers, Here Is How To Bill Your Clients For Websites
Introducing Client Billing
One of the most popular requests we get from our customers is a way to let their clients pay the monthly subscription payments for the websites designers create for them.
In this scenario, you are a freelance designer or a web design agency that designs and publishes websites for your clients using Launchpad. It makes sense for you to charge your clients only for the design work and off-load the monthly hosting payments to the client. Well now you can easily do that.
All you have to do is invite your client to submit payment information. Once your client submits payment information, the website automatically becomes a Premium website, and the monthly payments are being processed with your client’s credit card. It’s as simple as that.
“I want to be able to charge my clients for their websites hosting” — Launchpad Customer
The following screenshots explain in detail the process of billing your client:
- The first step is to design the website and create a Preview Website so we’ll be able to select it in the web dashboard.
2. The next step is to login to Launchpad’s Web Dashboard: https://www.animaapp.com/dashboard and make sure our website is there
3. Go to “Client Billing->Settings” and setup your display name and logo
4. Preview what your clients will see
5. Then go to “Clients” section and invite your client by selecting which websites they should be billed for and clicking “Invite to Pay”
6. The client will receive an email inviting them to update their payment information.
7. The “Update Payment” page will look like this:
8. That’s it. Once they update their payment information they will be billed every month for the websites they own.
If at any point they wish to cancel their plan they can simply scroll down and do that.